Monday, July 16, 2007

Kids Say the Cutest Things

Context: Sitting around the lunch table today in the Senior Room (ages 4-5), discussing (okay..to the extent that 5 year olds discuss...basically random bursts of thoughts whenever a moment of silence presents itself) the fact that Megan(one of the children)'s dad is going to Vancouver for a week in order to be in a wedding.

1. Megan: "Ya, my daddy's going to be the greatest guy!" (referring his position as best man in the wedding party)

...as the 'conversation' progressed, I was telling them that Vancouver is all the way on the other side of Canada...

2. Kelly: "Would you have to turn left?" (probably referring to the fact that it's on the left side of the country)

Usually, in these moments, I try and hold back...I try and just smile and entertain their understanding of the situation. But today I couldn't. These comments threw my coworkers and I into gut-busting laughter. After the hilarity of the moment subsided, we were able to affirm both of the girls' comments.

Good times.

No comments: